Monday, September 7, 2009

Swarovski Crystals

Oh, the joys of having a three-day weekend! I finally had a chance to try out my crystal setting tool that I had purchased a few years ago at a quilt show. I decided to stitch out a plain peacock design in silver thread and then accent different areas with the Swarovski crystals. After much trial and error, I was finally able to figure out a way to get the crystals to stick longer than a few minutes. The tool that was designed to be used with these did not seem to work, but I finally attached the flat head tip and just rested the heated tip on the crystal for several seconds and presto! the stones are now affixed. However, no matter how many attempts I made to get a good photo of the shirt, including taking the mannekin outside on the patio, I still couldn't get a clear shot that shows off the pretty crystals. At least you can sort of get an idea of what it looks like. It was lots of fun anyway, and I hope to do more designs soon.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love the design and you can sort of see the crystals on there!

    ReplyDelete