Monday, September 21, 2009

Nature Walks

Recently, my son and I have been going on nature walks whenever possible on the weekends. This past weekend, we went to a local park near home and I remembered to bring my camera. This particular photo is one that I really love...not sure what it is (perhaps some form of fungus growing in the woods?), but the shape and colors remind me of sea shells. This would make a lovely wall hanging. I just need to figure out how to capture the beautiful colors and delicate shapes.



Up the pathway, we happened upon a tree that had a lot of green moss on the ground nearby and the sun was shining on it so brightly that it became illuminated with a bright green glow (it almost looked nuclear!).




The photo below shows a close-up so you can tell it's not really nuclear...just brightly-lit moss, but has a nice look to it.


Here's a very interesting tree...wonder what critters live inside?



After walking for what seemed like hours, I came back home feeling refreshed and inspired. I was exhausted, but did manage to create a mousepad for myself using that first photo of the fungus design.

No comments:

Post a Comment