Friday, February 12, 2010

Baby Blankets for Twin Girls

It has been a while since I updated my blog. So much has been happening in my life, including retirement and monster snowstorms! However, I was able to finally finish a pair of baby blankets for a set of twin girls who were born last summer. I can't believe it took me that long to get the blankets completed and mailed out. Where on earth did the time go to? I did have several challeges with the blankets though. For some reason, I had an awful time with the binding because I wanted to use satin fabric and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to look just right. I finally settled on purchasing the packaged satin blanket binding and stitching it on them. Turned out okay, but I would have preferred to have my own binding as I had originally planned. Guess I need more practice with slippery fabrics!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carole - I have been trying to get in touch with you. You were the winner of Pat Durbin's book from the book give-a-way from my blog. e-mail me with your address so I can mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness!! I'm so excited to have won that prize. I'm anxiously looking forward to receiving the book. Thank you so much Cheryl.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete