Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hearts for Anna


Today I am posting a photo of a small (5x7) wallhanging that I will be submitting to the Hearts for Anna charity auction to be held between August 12-16, 2009. (https://www.artfulhome.com/HeartsForAnna) Anna Millea, a fellow artisan, is fighting a recurrence of breast cancer, and this time it has hit her bones, which will require a full round of chemotherapy. Unfortunately, Anna does not have health insurance (due to her pre-existing condition), and these treatments will be terribly expensive. All proceeds from the auction will go to Anna to help pay some of the medical expenses she will incur in her battle against this awful disease. My prayers and good wishes go out to her and may her guardian angel watch over her.

3 comments:

  1. Mom- it's beautiful!! I am sure that Anna and her family are very grateful!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt to so beautiful and sweet--I'm sure they will absolutely love it!
    Your blog looks great (love your fabric portrait!) I, too, suffer from blog envy over some of the fabulous blogs and websites of many of the Quiltart members. But--as with anything--the longer you do it, the more fun and exciting it gets! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of bloggers. Your little piece for Anna is charming. I, too, love your fabric portrait. I also liked your morning bus ride story yesterday. Makes me think I may have to make blueberry pancakes this weekend while the blueberries are so delicious.

    ReplyDelete